The Jospong Internship Program is a fully-funded program for Harvard University undergraduate and graduate students to work for the Jospong Group of Companies for eight weeks during the summer in Accra, Ghana. The Jospong Group of Companies has several sectors of operation including waste management, banking and finance, information communications, technology, and mining. This program provides interns a unique opportunity to work for one of the fastest growing networks of companies in Africa.
Interns will gain invaluable experience working on challenging assignments and setting up systems for the sector they are selected to work in. Each intern’s role is shaped by their field, skills, and strengths as well as the needs of the company at which they are placed. While each intern will work directly with a supervisor who will provide project guidance, interns will have a lot of autonomy. The ideal candidate is someone who can work with integrity and independence.
A cohort of five to seven Harvard students will be selected. Interns will live in a nearby hotel and will receive breakfast, transportation to and from work, and a living stipend. An intern’s work environment will depend on their placement. While most interns will be office-based and have their own workstation, others may be conducting research at different facilities and have shared workstations.
For more information on this program, including project examples, please contact Lindsay Moats at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applicants must be rising Juniors or Seniors registered full-time at Harvard College and must have experience and/or a field of study in at least one of the following: business, law, public health, governance and policy making, engineering and applied sciences/mathematics, urban planning and urban services, technology, programming, and data gathering and analysis.
- This program requires an eight-week commitment starting at the beginning of June and lasting until the beginning of August.
- Ideal students for the Jospong Internship Program have previous work experience related to their sector of interest. Applicants should be self-starters, problem solvers, and goal oriented. Excellent writing, communication, and interpersonal skills are preferred.
- Successful candidates are awarded a grant that covers travel and living expenses. Accommodation in a hotel/conference facility in Accra is provided by the Jospong Group.
Inquiries can be sent to the Center for African Studies Student Support & Outreach Officer Lindsay Moats at email@example.com.
Application Deadline: February 12th, 2020 at 5pm
To complete an application the following will be required:
- Harvard CARAT Application Form
- Current resume/CV
- Current unofficial transcript
- Cover letter describing your interest and the skills you would bring to the internship (500 words)
- Letter of recommendation. Recommendations should be uploaded in CARAT by the recommender or emailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org by the application deadline. The letter should speak to perceived ability to succeed in the internship.