May 27 - Africa’s Healthcare Response to COVID-19.
This webinar will explore Africa’s response to COVID-19 including challenges and best practices to prevention and care and combating myths and misinformation; lessons learnt from prior epidemics; and the indirect impact of the pandemic on other essential curative and preventive services.
Register for the webinar here:
This webinar will be livestreamed on Facebook:
- Dr. Ebba Abate, Director-General, Ethiopian Public Health Institute
- Dr. John Nkengasong, Director, Africa Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Professor Peter Lamptey, Professor in Noncommunicable Diseases, London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine
- Dr. Matshidiso Moeti, WHO Regional Director for Africa
- Moderated by Professor Wafaie Fawzi, Richard Saltonstall Professor of Population Sciences Professor of Nutrition, Epidemiology, and Global Health, Harvard University
The Harvard University Center for African Studies in partnership with the Africa Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (Africa CDC) is hosting a series of webinars on the topic of COVID-19 and Africa. Held each Wednesday for one hour from 10am EST, CAS’ Africa and COVID-19 Webinar Series will bring together the private sector, policy makers, academics, and practitioners for a series of conversations across health, technology, and economy, among others. Please check our COVID-19 Resources page for upcoming webinars and recordings of previous webinars. Join our weekly newsletter to receive updated information.
7:00AM PDT (California)
10:00AM EDT (Boston/New York)
3:00PM WAT (Nigeria/UK)
4:00PM CAT (South Africa)
5:00PM EAT (Ethiopia/Kenya)
ORGANIZERS: Harvard Center for African Studies & Africa Centres for Disease Control and Prevention