On December 7-8, 2020, Harvard University will host a scientific symposium titled, “From 30 Million to Zero Malaria Cases in China: Lessons Learned for Malaria-Eliminating Countries in Africa,” in partnership with the China Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (China CDC)/National Institutes for Parasitic Diseases (NIPD), and the World Health Organization (WHO).
This event is free and open to the public, with simultaneous translation via live stream in English/Chinese. Limited in-person attendance at the Harvard Center Shanghai in Shanghai, China. Please feel free to share this announcement with others in your network. Agenda, speaker bios, and registration is here.
Moderated by Professors Dyann Wirth (Harvard) and Professor Xiao-Nong Zhou (China CDC/NIPD), this event will feature the following speakers:
• Pedro Alonso, Director, WHO Global Malaria Programme
• Margaret Chan, Inaugural Dean of the Vanke School of Public Health, Tsinghua University
• Prosper Chaki, CEO, Pan-African Mosquito Control Association (PAMCA)
• Rachel Daniels, Senior Research Scientist, Harvard Chan and Broad Institute
• Mark C. Elliott, Vice Provost of International Affairs at Harvard University and the Mark Schwartz Professor of Chinese and Inner Asian History, Harvard University
• Wafaie Fawzi, Oppenheimer Interim Faculty Director, Harvard Center for African Studies, and Richard Saltonstall Professor of Population Sciences, Professor of Nutrition, Epidemiology, and Global Health at the Harvard Chan
• George F. Gao, General-Director, China CDC
• Jennifer Gardy, Deputy Director, Surveillance, Data, and Epidemiology Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
• Daouda Ndiaye, Head, Department of Parasitology and Mycology, Cheikh Anta Diop University
• Justin M Maeda, Head, Division of Surveillance & Disease Intelligence, Africa CDC
• Marcel Tanner, President, Swiss Academies of Arts and Sciences
• Qi Gao, Senior Professor, Jiangsu Institute of Parasitic Diseases and member of the WHO’s Malaria Policy Advisory Committee
• and others distinguished speakers
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
ORGANIZERS: Harvard University, National Institute for Parasitic Diseases (NIPD), Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention (China CDC), and the World Health Organization