In order to complete an application for the HSAFP you will be asked to fill out our PDF application, and submit all other documentation by email, including two letters of recommendation with the HSAFP recommendation form.
Please note the following application timeline for all applicants:
|March 29, 2013||HSAFP applications DUE (at 11:59pm EST) – DEADLINE EXTENDED!|
|March-April 2013||Applications are reviewed by on campus committee at Harvard University|
|Late April 2013||Applicants notified if they have been selected as finalist|
|June 2013||Expected timing for finalist interviews in Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Late June 2013||Finalists are notified if they have been selected as a Harvard South Africa Fellow|
|September – December 2013||Selected Harvard South Africa Fellows apply directly to the Harvard program they are interested in attending|
|January – April 2014||Candidates typically hear about their admissions decision from the Harvard School to which they applied|
|Beginning July 2014 – August 2014||Harvard South Africa Fellows’ academic programs at Harvard begin|
|May 2015||Fellows at Harvard for one-year programs complete their academic year at the University|
- Submit the application form.
- Submit transcripts from all post-secondary institutions you have attended. You may upload these or have them mailed directly.
- Transcripts must show the grades and course titles for all your post-secondary coursework. Copies of diplomas are NOT required.
LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION
- Two letters of recommendation must be submitted.
- Letters of recommendation should be attached to the HSAFP Recommendation Form.
- Letters can be submitted by email to email@example.com
- An academic essay and a personal statement must be submitted.
- 2013 Academic essay topic: Briefly describe an important issues in your field of interest or a current problem facing South Africa. Propose a theoretical framework or strategy to address this issue. Applicants seeking admission into the Special Student Program should use this academic essay to describe their research and attach a description of their relevant coursework. Minimum 500 words, Maximum 1000 words.
- The Academic Essay and the Personal Statement should be typed in a standard font and font size (10 to 12 point). Essays should also be double-spaced.
- Include your full name on the top of each page and your signature at the end of the Academic Essay and the Personal Statement.
- Include a copy of your most recent resume/CV with your application.
Download Recommendation Forms here.
Please refer these of Frequently Asked Questions.
Further queries about the Harvard South Africa Fellowship Program should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.