Communications Intern Position
The Center for African Studies is a university-wide resource center committed to broadening knowledge about Africa and African perspectives. The Center for African Studies is looking for a communications intern to join the team for the remainder of the academic year and ideally into the next year. The intern will work closely with the Center’s Communications Officer to disseminate and publicize the Center’s work in various digital platforms. Duties include:
- Creating and sending the Center’s weekly Newsletter
- Posting media (text, image, video) on the Center’s website and social media channels
- Reviewing content and videos for public dissemination
- Conducting research and compiling background information for content creation
- Other duties as needed.
- Current undergraduate student with interest in communications, marketing, public relations, journalism
- Experience with MailChimp or other email marketing services
- Knowledgeable with social media platforms and content creation
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Forms
- Proficient in graphic design (InDesign, Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator)
- Attention to detail
- Highly organized
- Excellent written and verbal communication
We are looking for a student who can commit to 8-10 hours per week. This is a paid position. Preference to candidates who can commit to the remainder of the academic year, and ideally, the next year. Demonstrated interest in Africa an added advantage.
Application: To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Li-Ming Tseng at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are open until the position is filled.