CAS Student Support Intern Position
The Center for African Studies is a university-wide resource center committed to broadening knowledge about Africa and African perspectives. The Center for African Studies is looking for a Harvard undergraduate to join the team as a Student Support Intern. The intern will work closely with the Center’s Student Support & Outreach Officer to create tools and resources for students interested in traveling to Africa and to publicize the Center’s J-term and Summer opportunities. Duties include:
- Creating marketing materials to publicize CAS student opportunities
- Serving as a student liaison between CAS and Africa-related student groups
- Creating orientation and send-off materials for students traveling to Africa
- Researching various student opportunities in Africa and creating content/resources to help students find internships, scholarships, job opportunities, etc.
- Assisting with the creation and content management of the African Studies Association Outreach Council website
- Attending and assisting with various student events (Summer Opportunities Fair, Careers in Africa, African Studies Workshops, etc.) during the semester
- Current undergraduate student with interest in creating and promoting more opportunities for African students and students interested in Africa
- Experience with Canva, Wix, and/or other digital media platforms
- Socially active within the Harvard Africanist community and well-connected with current Africa-related student groups
- Possess strong proof reading, writing, and communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Forms
- Proficient in graphic design
- Attention to detail
- Highly organized
We are looking for a student who can commit to 8-10 hours per week. This is a paid position. This position is renewed on a semester basis. Demonstrated interest in Africa is required. Previous travel to Africa is preferred.
INFORMATION: To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, short writing sample, and an example of your graphic design skills to Lindsay Moats at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis up until February 10th (or earlier if a candidate is hired).