The Africa Soft Power Series is a virtual summit bringing together some of the most prominent thought leaders and pioneers, focused and passionate about Africa.
With so many negative stories about Africa, the theme, ‘Creative Power: Content, Culture and Platforms’ sets the stage for crucial dialogues on how Africa can harness its soft power effectively, to advance strategic interests and shape global conversations.
As the world’s last large, underdeveloped market, the importance of the creative and knowledge industries takes on added significance when we consider that the continent will be home to more than a third of the world’s population and half of the world’s youth by 2100. In addition, current global affairs underscore that the struggles of African-Americans and people of African heritage are equally the continent’s struggle. Africa must ensure that its creative, technological and cultural assets translate into tangible engines of social and economic growth for all its people.
- Reopening Africa, An Opportunity To Reboot – Wednesday 12th August
- Messaging, Payments & Platforms – Beyond Social Media & Networking – Thursday 13th August
- The Future of Sports And Live Entertainment – Friday 14th August
- The Business of Film – Building A Sustainable African Industry – Tuesday, 18th August
- African Television: Now And The Future – Wednesday 19th August
- Pop Culture, Gender Roles & Responsibility To Audience – Thursday 20th August
- The Globalisation of African Beats: Culture, Trends And Opportunities – Friday 21st August
- Rethinking The Business of Beauty – Sustainability, Visibility & Trends – Saturday 22nd August
- Show Me The Money: Commercial Opportunities, Advertising And Tourist Destinations – Wednesday 26th August
- Going All The Way: Africa And The Diaspora – Thursday 27th August
- Africa, What Next? – Friday 28th August
- Global Africans, Building And Redefining The Continent – Saturday 29th August
- The Root: 54 Countries And Cuisine In The Thousands – Wednesday 2nd September
- Art, Narratives and Finance – Thursday 3rd September
- The Wrap Up. Africa Soft Power: Getting to Business – Friday 4th September
ORGANIZERS: RDF Strategies and Dragon Africa