African Development Conference at Harvard
Our Time Our Vision: Wielding Africa’s Potential for Sustainable Growth
March 23-24th 2018
Register at: www.harvardadc.com
Africa student organizations at Harvard University are pleased to invite you to the 9th Annual African Development Conference taking place on March 23rd and 24th at Harvard Law School. We explore the theme “Our Time Our Vision: Wielding Africa’s Potential for Sustainable Growth” through which we aim to spark discussions around three major pillars of growth: rule of law; technology, and economic partnerships.
- An exceptional line up of keynote speakers including: Amina Mohamed, the UN Deputy Secretary General; Hon. Hassan Mohamud, Former President of Somalia; Hon. David Maraga, the Chief Justice and President of the Supreme Court of Kenya; Amb. Abdoulaye Diop, Former Minister of Foreign Affairs of Mali; Dr. Antoinette Sayeh, Former Minister of Finance of Liberia and Head of Africa Section of the IMF, and Ms. Cecilia Akintomide, the Former Secretary General of the African Development Bank.
- An opening keynote plenary focusing on Africa’s Agenda 2063 and the toolkit required to attain those aspirations.
- Exciting panel discussions touching on rule of law, women in democracy, role of political parties, Africa-China & US relations, energy infrastructure, and more.
- Coffee chats with some of our keynotes and panelists.
- A networking cocktail reception on March 23rd, held in honor of Late Professor Calestous Juma
- A closing networking and cocktail party featuring afro beats on March 24th.
EVENT ORGANIZER(S): Harvard Development Conference
EVENT WEBSITE: https://www.harvardadc.com